Monday, September 8, 2008

Beautiful Mistakes

I have found myself struggling in the past to solve the constant puzzles my life has most recently been drowned in. It’s easy for us to think that we are deserving of things as a result of our struggles, but far too often do we use this as an excuse to pass off the blame for our current status. I feel like we are tried and tested with things that don't work out according to plans, especially when we these tests are so serious they force us to reexamine where we stand in life and where we are going. The psychological hardships that we must fight through when we face adversity or change for the worse can be devastating if we let them. These situations impose on our comfort levels and routine state of mind a mandatory shift in perspective which can lead to two outcomes; a selfish unwillingness to adapt to ones situation or an opportunity for further self progression and excellence through misfortune.

The notion that we deserve things for any reason is far too often used as an excuse to complain about what may not be working out in our favor. When we don’t get the raise at work or we get in a fight with a loved one or we get in some trouble it’s easy to think that we are undeserving of these things. We should never have to be put in these positions right… Wrong! This is simply a form of denial of reality which ultimately leads to regression and an unsettled misfortune. I've personally been a victim of this addictive frame of mind which has ultimately taken away precious time in which I could have been devoting to self progression and helping others who are affected by my actions. It is unquestionable that after this form of denial is confronted and dealt with, the problems that we may be burdened with are easier to learn from and avoid in the future.

I feel that regardless of the level or difficulty these situations present to us, the underlying theme of remaining hopeful and progressing remains true. The idea that we should continue to search for hope and optimism from situations that have us at our lowest points in life has been an enigma to me in past because I had always been able to accomplish my goals regardless of complexity. That paradigm seemed short lived. The real world hit me like a ton of bricks when I moved away for college and I was forced to deal with some of the most severe, life-changing issues that I would be challenged with on my 'road to excellence'. My inspiration comes from the drive to minimize the amount of foolish mistakes I make and keep from repeating them. It comes from the power of the human will we must put to work when we're at the rock bottom.

No comments: